Frequently Asked Questions
Below some information and clarifications to a number of questions that have reached us in the course of the last weeks. We will update this section as needed.
If the information provided on our website and the FAQ-section below does not answer your questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and problems concerning the ECSAS2020 conference or our submission/registration system.
Contact email@example.com for questions and problems concerning EASAS membership (status, payment, membership number).
You can become an EASAS member here: https://www.easas.eu/become-a-member.
EASAS members already possessing a membership number can check their payment status and pay their membership fees if still needed at https://dashboard.easas.eu.
Please make sure to pay your membership in latest by 22 December 2019 for your paper submissions to be considered for acceptance.
Registration and Cancelation Policy###
Early bird registration until April 30, 2020
- Regular EASAS members €175
- Student EASAS members €120
- Cancellation: 100% refund minus €20 handling fee
Standard registration until July 7, 2020
- Regular EASAS members €200
- Student EASAS members €135
- Cancellation: 50% refund minus €20 handling fee
Late and on-site registration after July 7, 2020
- Regular EASAS members €225
- Student EASAS members €150
- Cancellation: No refund available
We will be able to support a limited number of scholars with travel bursaries. For more information please refer to our bursaries pre-announcement.
Information on accommodation and travel can be found here.
ECSAS2020 welcomes all renowned publishers form all fields related to South Asian Studies to come and join us. Check our publisher's section for detailed information on our marketing packages.
Keep in mind that due to the changes in EASAS membership management our online systems (the ECSAS2020 paper submission and panel management) could unfortunately not be implemented using the EASAS user account management. This is the reason you had to register an account for our submission system and were not able to use your EASAS credentials. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
- Please consult the submission guidelines!
- The online paper submission closed November 24 2019 (midnight UTC).
- All paper proposals must be made via the online form – this also refers to paper presentations by panel convenors.
- You can submit up to three paper proposals, we would like to remind you, that we have a limit of one presentation per person.
- We require only an abstract (not the full paper).
- A paper abstract can be up to a maximum length of 1700 characters (i.e. single letters not words including white-space).
- All paper submitters including possible co-presenters must be members of the EASAS latest by the time the paper submission window closes (you can join here: https://www.easas.eu/become-a-member).
- If you have submitted a proposal before having the membership-number(s) you can update the missing information for your paper submissions at the paper management section of the submission website.
- Decisions on the paper acceptance will be communicated in mid-January 2020.
Check back for regular updates!